• RPG-Foren.com

DIE Plattform für Fantasy & Sci-Fi Rollenspiele

Ihr findet bei uns jede Menge Infos, Hintergründe zu diesen Themen! Dazu Forenrollenspiele, Tavernenspiele, eigene Regelwerke, Smalltalk und vieles mehr zu bekannten und weniger bekannten RPG-Systemen.

Hi, I'm Dr Ether

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.

dr ether

Neubürgerlich
Hi all!

I will straight away apologize for not using German. I will explain that below.

So in December I am moving to Bochum for my new job at the university there as a postdoctoral research assistant, designing new methods to simulate catalysts. So I do computational chemistry.

I'm originally from a town called Kington, in Herefordshire, England. That town is home to a legend that inspired the Sherlock Holmes story 'The Hound of the Baskervilles'.

I studied Chemistry with Chemical Physics at Manchester, and then did a PhD there doing Computational Chemistry.

I'm into ancient history, science, anime, wargaming, industrial music and of course rpgs.

I've been married for almost 4 years, having gotten married in Venice.

I've worked for 3 years part time for Games Workshop and had my fill of that company, but have played almost all games they released since Epic Space Marine.

I've been role playing for around 15 years. This has included D&D, Star Wars (WEG version), VtM, Mage the Ascension, Etherscope, Unhallowed Metropolis, Fading Suns, Exalted, all new World of Darkness games, Trail of Cthulhu, Orpheus, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. Most of these I have run, in particular Vampire the Requiem, Changeling the Lost, Mage the Awakening, Exalted, Unhallowed Metropolis and Fading Suns.

I also co-host the World of Darkness centric Darker Days Podcast.

So in the new year I will be looking for a new gaming group. My wife also plays. I tend to prefer to run and play rules light games, with more story driven focus.

Of course through the university I will be learning German as is not something needed for my job but I hope I will be able to learn fast, especially with an understanding roleplay group.

Cheers.

AW: Hi, I'm Dr Ether

Hi dr ether!

Welcome to our Community. I'm sure that you will find no problems to communicate with the people here.

We also have an open Forum RPG running in e section called "In-Game Bereich: Delazaria". You are very welcome to open up an (virtual) embassy there for your foreign country or any other (virtual) shop / store / business you might find interesting for the people here.

Have fun here and be assured we will assist you in learning RPG in German! :biggrin:

BR
Tufir

Hi all.

First off I apologize for not writing in German. That will become clear below.

So yes I'm Dr_Ether a.k.a. Mr J, a.k.a. Cloud, a.k.a. Kris_Ether, a.k.a. Dr Handley.

I hail from the little border town of Kington in Herefordshire, on the border to Wales.

Basically I got into gaming at school when a friend introduced me to WH40K 2nd ed (back in 1994) then from there I was heavily into GW stuff (Necromunda, Epic Space Marine, Epic Titan Legions, GorkaMorka, Warhammer, Mordheim, Warmaster, Blood Bowl everything) and then for my 14th birthday,weirdly, my Mum and Dad brought back Classic D&D (18th print edition), and well that was it really. Soon after I got into Star Wars 2nd ed revised (oh how I loved WEG version before WotC and of course... the prequel films) and then I bought Vampire Revised Edition. After that it was then Mage and well all of the nWOD.

Of course along the way I went to uni at UMIST in Manchester, worked part time for GW in Altrincham, and then got onto a PhD, and now have done my first postdoc in Warwick as a researcher in Computational Chemistry. I also ended becoming somewhat cybergoth and getting married in Venice, after having getting engaged to my wife the previous year in Venice when we went to Carnival (our wedding took place there at the same time this year). Also I've played plenty of nWOD (Vampire, Mage, Werewolf, Mortals) plan on running Changeling soon, played Unhallowed Metropolis, Nephilim, Orpheues, Wraith, Vampire: the Dark Ages, run Fading Suns, Etherscope (played with the writers), and I am writing a fan ebook for WoD Manchester, and WoD Venice (I am a bit obssessed with Venice). I have also written a small section for the new rpg, Amaranthine.

Also I got my wife into gaming!

my gaming/blog links

Doctor Ether's posterous - A Journal of Life and Roleplay Games

I also co-host the World of Darkness centric Darker Days Podcast Darker Days Podcast

Some photos

5066_213467340470_801895470_7267245_7381397_n.jpg

n573912162_2038841_5470407.jpg

n801895470_2088309_2564.jpg

[OT]
Links validated and approved!

Tufir
05.09.2011 - 7:30
[/OT]

Sorry for the crazy double post. When I posted last night I thought the first post got lost somewhere, hence the second post. Oh well. :D

So, well ... here goes my traditional, heartly jolly (and first time complete english) :welcome:

Interesting life history you got there. WH40K, eh? What armies? I startet Space Wolves, also in the second Edition, and, in the years past, added Eldar, Space Wolves 13th Company and Thousand Sons.

Well, enough of me ... and your introduction has been quite sufficient, so i'll let other people do the inquisitorail questioning. :D

Have fun here.

cul8r, Screw

So, well ... here goes my traditional, heartly jolly (and first time complete english) :welcome:

Interesting life history you got there. WH40K, eh? What armies? I startet Space Wolves, also in the second Edition, and, in the years past, added Eldar, Space Wolves 13th Company and Thousand Sons.

Well, enough of me ... and your introduction has been quite sufficient, so i'll let other people do the inquisitorail questioning. :D

Have fun here.

cul8r, Screw

Armies I've played using are:

Epic Space Marine - Eldar
Epic 40000 - Space Wolves, Tyranid
Necromunda - Spyre, Van Saar
Warhammer 40000 - Tau, Tyranid, Chaos Plague Marines, Orks
Warhammer - Chaos Nurgle Warriors, Tomb Kings
Warmaster - Tomb Kings, Empire
Gorkamorka - Morkas
Blood Bowl - Empire
Mordheim - Skaven

Also run some Inquisitor which was good (but is better using the smaller minis). Plus also played Warmachine and Confrontation.

Hi there,

in any case that s a VERY impressive entrance and roleplay history! Once again welcome to our site and community! Wish you lots of fun playing and writing here!

cheers!

So now only a few weeks before my move to Bochum, and having the pain of choosing which RPG books to bring with me :(

Also a friend of mine has also just moved to Hamburg, working for Big Point. So he too is looking for gamers in the local area.

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Zurück
Oben Unten