• RPG-Foren.com

DIE Plattform für Fantasy & Sci-Fi Rollenspiele

Ihr findet bei uns jede Menge Infos, Hintergründe zu diesen Themen! Dazu Forenrollenspiele, Tavernenspiele, eigene Regelwerke, Smalltalk und vieles mehr zu bekannten und weniger bekannten RPG-Systemen.

(Advanced) Dungeons & Dragons Online Online D&D (old school or OSR - B/X, 0e, 1e/2e) in English - European time zones

Region
  1. WWW - Online
Online-Tools
VTT: preferably MapTool. Chat: Discord, Skype, Jitsi, etc.
Spielsystem(e)
D&D (B/X, 0E, OSR, retroclone, etc.)
Spielsprache
  1. Deutsch
  2. Englisch
Bevorzugte Spielzeit
Nach Absprache
RPG-Neulinge willkommen
Ja
Stichworte zu dir/euch
osr, old school, D&D, open table, dungeon crawl, hex crawl
G

Gelöschtes Mitglied 10723

Gast
Ahoi,

I want to start an English-language old school D&D thread to complement the few German-language OSR groups here. I'm looking for any players available in the European time zones, not just in German-speaking countries. A German-speaking play session may be possible if all the players can speak German.

I am looking for an old school D&D group (TSR, OSR and retroclone D&D) for online play. I'd like to try joining an existing group; if no group is available, I would try to start one. I am willing to play as a PC or as a GM. As GM I intend to run modules in a sandbox using an open table (dungeon and hex crawls). I have a significant number of modules to play including TSR and OSR modules ranging from one-shot dungeons to megadungeons to hexcrawls. I will play in open-ended refereed games but not story games.

I tend towards running house-ruled B/X as a baseline but I draw from any D&D resources. Any of the freely available B/X rulesets could be used as a guide for players (e.g. Labyrinth Lord, Old School Essentials basic rules, Lamentations of the Flame Princess, etc.). I can also imagine playing retroclones of 0E, 1E or 2E (Swords and Wizardry, OSRIC, Hyperboria, etc.). Or playing BFRPG, DCC, C&C; I am generally open to anything except WotC D&D as a baseline for rules.

The type of gaming I'm looking for is described accurately in these other threads by @MadCyric:

English description of old school or OSR play: https://www.rpg-foren.com/threads/osr-runde-gesucht.31744/#post-217601
German description of game expectations: https://www.rpg-foren.com/threads/castles-crusades-online-runde.32862/#post-222631

Note about "open table": this means there may be no player limit in a campaign but the GM may limit the number of players per session. This allows for flexibility in planning play sessions because it does not rely on the same players participating in each and every session. In a persistent campaign world with enough players, players might even form adventuring parties that end up cooperating with or competing against each other for the treasures in the campaign world. With enough coordination it is possible to divide GM duties between different GMs as well.

Are there any groups like this looking for players or GMs? Or is there any interest in starting a group?

G

Gelöschtes Mitglied 10704

Gast
I am currently building an OD&D Rules Cyclopedia (Mystara as Game-World) long-term kampaign. :) I have decades of experience in classic TSR D&D/AD&D Star Frontiers and other oldschool systems, german or englisch. I am no friend of simple Dungeon - Hack - Crawl as a DM, but i don't mind as a Player.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
G

Gelöschtes Mitglied 10723

Gast
I only relatively recently learned of the independent and old school D&D scene, so dungeon crawling is still new and exciting for me. Though for sure there is a happy medium to be struck between "yet another 20'x20' room with monsters" and whatever the other extreme is. The dungeon and wilderness exploration appeals to me more than the combat; I don't think the combat minigame in any D&D edition is interesting or fun to play as written without the players and DM hamming it up with some hack and slash antics.

Oben Unten