• RPG-Foren.com

DIE Plattform für Fantasy & Sci-Fi Rollenspiele

Ihr findet bei uns jede Menge Infos, Hintergründe zu diesen Themen! Dazu Forenrollenspiele, Tavernenspiele, eigene Regelwerke, Smalltalk und vieles mehr zu bekannten und weniger bekannten RPG-Systemen.

Info 7th Sea 7th Sea - Second Edition

Tufir

Drachling
John Wick veröffentlicht einen neuen Zeitplan für seine 7th Sea Quellenbücher:
John Wick schrieb:
Production Update: February 2018
We’ve had a few slight delays, but we’re still very confident in the schedule since we reprioritized back in November. Current timetables are as follows:
  • The New World: COMPLETE, shipping to backers now!
  • Lands of Gold and Fire: in layout, PDF delivery estimated March 2018
  • The Colonies: in copyediting, PDF delivery estimated April 2018
  • Secret Societies: approvals to copyediting, PDF delivery estimated June 2018
  • Cities of Faith - Vaticine City: final revisions and art, delivery TBD
  • Cities of Faith - Iskandar: mechanics sections being developed and finalized, delivery TBD
  • Cities of Faith - Quamontaigne: dev editing to copyediting, delivery TBD
  • Maps: finalizing Colonies map, estimated February 2018
  • Daughter of Fate; Born Under the Black Flag: hardcovers shipping now!
  • The Gossamer Empire: proofreading to layout, delivery estimated late February/early March 2018

Das gibt den deutschen Übersetzern eine kleine Gelegenheit zum Aufholen. Mal sehen, ob sie es nutzen können.

Tufir

Drachling
So, die Neuigkeit ist raus: Chaosium - Herausgeber von Call of Cthulhu - hat die Lizenz für 7te See von John Wick erworben, der quasi Chefredakteur bei Chaosium wird für dieses RPG.
John Wick schrieb:
Hey folks!

As of April 2, Chaosium, publishers of the award-winning tabletop roleplaying games Call of Cthulhu, RuneQuest, and King Arthur Pendragon, has acquired the rights to 7th Sea. I'm joining Chaosium as line editor and will continue to have creative oversight of the game, and will remain a principal author of 7th Sea material going forward. Beyond that, I'll also be writing for other Chaosium game lines.

Upon acquiring this new game line, our paramount objective is the fulfilment of the outstanding rewards from the 7th Sea and Khatai Kickstarters. Chaosium and I are talking about the best way to do that. Over coming weeks, 7th Sea products and content will begin to migrated to Chaosium.com and Chaosium’s page at DriveThruRPG. A 7th Sea discussion board will also be set up at BRP Central, Chaosium’s forums.

All the 7th Sea product and merchandise are moving to Chaosium's warehouses and shippers, but that will take some time. Please be patient while we make the transfer.

Was meint ihr? Gute oder schlechte Nachricht?

Thor Naadoh

Eingesessen
Blogger
Kommt drauf an... Wenn das bedeutet, dass die Deutsche Übersetzung weiter geht bzw. wenigstens neu vergeben wird, dann Gute Nachricht. (Sieht halt blöd aus, wenn gemischte Sprachen auf dem Regal stehen und ich hab jetzt nun mal mit der deutschen Reihe angefangen.)

Sameafnir

Ältestenrat
Ich denke es ist eine gute Nachricht. 7te See lebt weiter! Er (John Wick) kann kreativ weitermachen und SCHEINT sich ein gewisses Mitspracherecht / Entscheidungsrecht bei den inhaltlichen Themen vorbehalten zu haben. Man muss einfach abwarten, ob das dann in der Realität auch so sein wird und in welchem Tempo die Sachen dann schlussendlich rauskommen (deutsch/englisch).

Tufir

Drachling
Immerhin hat Pegasus bereits einen Vertrag mit Chaosium bzgl. Cthulhu. Das sollte doch erweiterbar sein und dann kann es nahtlos weitergehen mit den Übesetzungen.

Tufir

Drachling
Es gibt wieder Neuigkeiten von John Wick:
John Wick schrieb:
Hey folks, let's have an update!

For those who have been wondering what we've been up to, Chaosium and I have been working together, helping me sort out the money JWP owed and so much more. Rick, Neil and everyone else have made me feel that we are bringing everything back on course. We’ll be able to fulfill the promises JWP made and even more than that. With Chaosium, I’ll be able to deliver the 7th Sea that JWP wasn’t able to deliver.

Updates will now be delivered on a monthly basis. Our next update will be on June 1st.

With that in mind, let's talk about the future of 7th Sea.

Progress and Priority

Because there's a lot to do and more than a few bumps in the process, instead of reporting hard dates for when books are coming out--especially right here at the beginning--I'd rather give you updates on progress and the priority we're putting behind the books. This is what we're looking at in that regard.

Secret Societies

The only piece of the puzzle missing from Secret Societies was art. With that in mind, take a look at the cover, provided by the amazing Shen Fei. Interiors are also on the way, arriving in June-July. After that, we'll be heading into final layout. So, you can expect to see Secret Societies in the 3rd quarter of 2019. When we start getting art in, I'll post them in the updates.

Khitai

Work has also begun on finishing up Khitai. Mike Curry and I want to make sure its the product we want, then we'll go into art direction and layout.

The Colonies

After reviewing The Colonies with other Chaosium line editors, we determined the book needed a good deal of change. While the book contains loads of information, it didn't really address how the players and GM would interact with that information. It was a huge info dump with very little in the way of giving the players an "in" on this exciting part of the 7th Sea world. We decided to take another swing at The Colonies, keeping much of what was written, but adding some more bang! for your buck. I'll be working with a few people on that as we put Secret Societies to bed. Then, of course, is art direction and layout.

Cities of Faith and Wonder

These two books we'll be tackling together and we'll be taking them on after The Colonies goes into layout. So, I expect you'll see them in the second or third quarter of 2020.

If you have any questions, please post them here. Chaosium and I will do our best to answer them.

See you in 15 days!

1bf269f9cd98ef43bcfb2a09c460c526_original.JPG

Cover des „Secret Societies“ Buch

Oben Unten